The Treasury department structurally contributes to the realization of the company’s goals by optimizing the legal/contractual, operational and commercial approach to cash management (including cash forecasting), currency conversion and operational foreign exchange exposures of GlobalCollect Services B.V. and GlobalCollect B.V. (and its subsidiaries).The Treasury department is responsible for cash management, currency management, working capital management, and corporate financing activities.
The Treasury Director will have a clear vision on how to manage the exposure of the company funds and limit it this to a minimum. Furthermore, he/she is responsible for the design, existence, and working of all internal controls around cash, currency and working capital management.
This function is extremely important due to the complex legal structure of the GCS –Group the various flows of funds between entities (and associated subsidiaries) and the importance of FX revenue. In addition the Treasury Director will be closely working with the VP Professional Services, who is responsible for the sales revenue and margin realisation on FX and the Director Merchant Accounting who is responsible for the day to day transaction processing.
Deliverables / Tasks
- Ensure that the company cash flow is adequate and provide accurate cash flow forecasts to allow the group to operate effectively;
- Proactive management and optimization of working capital requirements;
- Maintain a clear distinction between GC-owned funds (GlobalCollect Services B.V.and its subsidiaries) and merchant funds (GlobalCollect B.V. and its subsidiaries);
- Improving the departments reporting capacity, increasing focus on cash flow forecasting and implementing a hedging framework for foreign exchange exposure;
- Undertaking risk management activities to protect the company’s financial well-being;
- Actively support other departments in their treasury challenges to add value to the organisation;
- Various ad hoc projects due to the fast-growing, continuously changing environment;
- Taking responsibility for, and supervising the work of, more junior members of staff;
- Systematically looking for growth opportunities of our FX revenue while mitigating the risk;
- Maintaining close connections with the banks;
- Collaborate with HQ Treasurer on and implementation of procedures and guidelines that form the company’s Treasury Statute;
- Establish an internal control framework to manage the Company’s FX exposure on a periodic basis
- See to timely delivery of financial and management reporting.
- Strong analytical skills
- Practical approach within structured analysis
- Pro-active & hands-on
- Masters degree in Finance preferred;
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in Banking/Financial or Payment Services;
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written;
- Day-to-day management of small team of subject matter experts
- Proven Foreign Currency trading experience
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting on financial instruments and cash recognition
Other significant role requirements
- Good understanding of, and interest in, global financial markets (foreign exchange and money market);
- Team player;
- Prepared to work outside regular office hours.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point);
- Affinity with Treasury systems (for example Reuters) and banking software.