The main objective of the Merchant Accounting department is the processing of all online transactions (payments, refunds, reversals) into the off-line platform (back-office systems) via the following processes: Cash Management & CODA, Statement Matching, Work In Progress, File Handling &Transaction Monitoring. Our Mission is to support the growth of GlobalCollect through the delivery of reliable, effective and efficient payment services. The department accomplishes this by applying best practices, operational excellence, technological leadership and outstanding service delivery.
The Junior Cash Manager is responsible for the daily management of all bank accounts, reconciliation and cash management in accordance with departemental procedures and internal KPI’s, including daily foreign currency deals to manage exposure. He/ She contributes directly to the delivery of the ‘Service Level Agreements’ for this process.
Deliverables / Tasks
- Contribute to the achievement of agreed service levels for products and processes
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of activity processed within Merchant Accounting
- Challenge and optimize departmental operational and administrative processes
- Give appropriate support to projects within the Merchant Accounting department
- Any other tasks and duties assigned within the scope of Merchant Accounting
Core task will include:
- The management and reconciliation of bank account cash balances and movements
- Creation of daily cash balance overview in order to manage exposure
- Trading of foreign currencies at several banking FX suppliers
- Contact banks regarding payment inquiries and investigations
Critical Competencies – skills and abilities required for the role
- Well organized
- Pro-active and result-driven
- Stress-resistant and ability to work towards deadlines
- Possess a ‘feeling’ for working with numbers and ability to adhere to strict policies, procedures and controls
- Natural affinity for participating in a team with a highly developed service oriented disposition
- Bachelor educated/ level obtained through relevant work experience
- Affinity with financial administrative and IT processes
- MS Office literate with strong Excel skills
- Experience in/ affinity with Cash Management activities
- Good command of both spoken and written English (additional Dutch skills are an advantage, but not a requirement)
Interested? Apply now!
If you have any questions or if you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and motivation letter to the HR department by filling out the form below. Fields marked with a * are mandatory. No agencies please.